The “Iuliu Hațieganu” University of Medicine and Pharmacy Cluj-Napoca is pleased to invite applications for an educational program in the field of electroneurophysiology. The second edition of the “ NeurotechEU Summer School of Quantitative EEG (QEEG)” will take place between July 17-21, 2023 in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
The Summer School will provide an introduction to the fundamentals of QEEG for individuals interested in neurotechnology. The program is designed to include morning lectures, followed by interactive hands-on sessions in the afternoon, over a five-day period.
QEEG involves using algorithms to transform brain waves into numerical data, which can be analysed to gain insight into signal complexity, brain connectivity, and neural networks. The method has numerous clinical applications, including the study of neuropsychiatric disorders, epilepsy, stroke, dementia, and traumatic brain injury. During the program, participants will become familiar with various QEEG analysis tools, such as EEGLAB and Brain Vision Analyzer, and engage in team-oriented activities that promote a multidisciplinary approach.
- Course locations: University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Iuliu Hatieganu” Cluj-Napoca and RoNeuro Institute for Neurological Research and Diagnostic Cluj-Napoca
- Teaching staff: Prof. Dafin F. Mureșanu, Lecturer Livia Popa, Dr. Ștefan Strilciuc, Dr. Hanna Dragoș, Dr. Victor Dăbală, Dr. Diana Chertic, Stud. Vlad Chelaru, Dr. Irina Vlad, Dr. Anca Demea, Dr. Emanuel Ștefănescu
- Course language: English
- Number of ECTS granted: 3 ECTS
- Available places: 25 (±2/NeurotechEU partner institutions, flexible based on demand)
- Prerequisites: Applicants will have a bachelor’s degree in medicine, psychology, bioengineering, biotechnology or biological sciences
Send your applications to your local Neurotech EU coordinators (for Neurotech EU partners) or contact us via the website. Applicants from universities not affiliated with the NTEU alliance may also enrol by sending a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: 1st of June 2023
The preliminary program of the event is available here: